We offer 2 styles of picnics – we have picnic parties which are fully catered events and can provide equipment, unique picnic entertainment and activities and also assist with location selection. Additionally, we create brilliant hampers that are delivered direct to your picnic spot or collected from our HQ in Annandale; they come packed for individuals, two people or for groups.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Choose from our range of Picnic Party Menus to suit your occasion and budget. All of our Picnic parties include disposable cutlery, plates, serviettes, wait staff (1 per 50 guests) a chef (if menu requires cooking onsite) and all related condiments. We will bring all of this directly to you at your chosen spot and set it up. Delivery fees may apply for locations outside of the inner city (5km radius).
DO YOU HAVE MINIMUM NUMBERS?
Yes, our picnic party packages are based on a minimum spend of 50 people.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE FOR PICNIC PARTIES?
CAN YOU HELP US CHOOSE A LOCATION?
We’ve done all the hard work and have a clever locations guide and will help you find the perfect spot for your picnic.
HOW IS THE PICNIC PRESENTED?
Our picnic parties are presented buffet style and require the following equipment packages.
- Cold – Picnic table with gingham cloth + umbrella = $150
- BBQ – Picnic table with gingham cloth + BBQ +umbrella = $250 for 3 hours of service time.
WHAT IF WE HAVE DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Pop Up Picnics can make special arrangements for vegetarians and gluten intolerance within our party menus. Please advise us of any other dietary requirements and we will do our very best to provide you with alternative menu options.
Please note that we are not a specialised allergen caterer. We endeavor to cater to all dietary requirements, however we produce our food in a centralised kitchen therefore we cannot guarantee the absence of trace elements. Please notify our sales team of any severe food allergies.
CAN YOU PROVIDE ALCOHOL?
Yes, we offer a 2, 3 or 4 hour drinks package which includes sparkling, red wine, white wine, beer, soft drink, juice and water. A beverage service staff member, trestle table, plastic tumblers, ice and eskies are all provided with this package.
Our hamper range is available Monday to Saturday, available on Sundays for bespoke events subject to availability.
Father’s Day Hamper Collection Points
Collections are available on Sunday 6th September
North Shore: North Sydney Oval, Car Park entry off Ridge Street, North Sydney (Closest to The Greens)
Inner West: Pop Up Picnic HQ at 227 Parramatta Rd, Annandale
All orders for Father’s Day hampers must be placed by 12pm on Thursday 3rd September 2020 at the latest.
Please state your closest collection point when placing your order.
Deliveries to other locations are not available due to the high volume of orders.
WHAT HAMPER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
We offer 3 styles of picnic hampers, packed for groups to share, packed for pairs or packed as individual picnic boxes.
Our hampers packed for pairs can be purchased individually. Group hampers are for a minimum of 5 people, whilst the individual hampers are a minimum of 20 people.
HOW DO THE HAMPERS FOR PAIRS WORK?
Our Australian made, 100% recyclable cardboard hampers unfold into what feels like a table for two at a fine dining restaurant, A la Picnic. All of the hamper components are either 100% recyclable, reusable or fully compostable.
DO YOU HAVE MINIMUM NUMBERS?
Our hampers ‘packed for groups’ require a minimum spend/booking of 5 people. Our hampers ‘packed for pairs’ don’t have any minimum number requirements. Our individual hampers require a minimum spend/booking of 20 people.
IS DELIVERY INCLUDED?
Delivery is charged at $20 within a 7km radius of Sydney. Deliveries outside this radius or a return trip for collection of equipment are subject to additional fees.
Included suburbs (within 7km) are: Annandale 2038, Alexandria 2015, Artarmon 2064, Balmain 2041, Beaconsfield 2018, Bellevue Hill 2023, Birchgrove 2041, Bondi 2026, Bondi Beach 2026, Bondi Junction 2022, Bronte 2024, Camperdown 2050, Centennial Park 2021, Chippendale 2008, Chiswick 2046, Clovelly 2031, Coogee 2034, Cremorne 2090, Crows Nest 2065, Darlinghurst 2010, Darling Point 2027, Darlington 2008, Dawes Point 2000, Double Bay 2028, Dover Heights 2030, Drummoyne 2047, Dulwich Hill 2203, Edgecliff 2027, Elizabeth Bay 2011, Enmore 2042, Erskineville 2043, Eveleigh 2015, Five Dock 2046, Forest Lodge 2037, Glebe 2037,Greenwich 2065, Haberfield 2045, Haymarket 2000, Kensington 2033, Kirribilli 2061, Lane Cove 2066, Lavender Bay 2060, Leichhardt 2040, Lewisham 2049, Lilyfield 2040, Longueville 2066, Marrickville 2204, McMahons Point 2060, Millers Point 2000, Moore Park 2021, Milsons Point 2061, Mosman 2088, Neutral Bay 2089, Newtown 2042, North Sydney 2060, Paddington 2021, Petersham 2049, Point Piper 2027, Potts Point 2011, Pyrmont 2009, Queens Park 2022, Randwick 2031, Redfern 2016, Rose Bay 2029, Rosebery 2018, Rozelle 2039, Rushcutters Bay 2011, St Leonards 2065, St Peters 2044, Stanmore 2048, Summer Hill 2130, Surry Hills 2010, Sydenham 2044, Tamarama 2026, The Rocks 2000, Sydney Uni 2006, Ultimo 2007, Vaucluse 2030, Waterloo 2017, Waverley 2024, Waverton 2060, Woollahra 2025, Wooloomooloo 2011, Woolwich 2110, Zetland 2017.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE HAMPERS?
All hampers include napkins, cutlery and plates. ‘Packed for pairs’ picnics also include a picnic rug, 2 tumblers, still and sparkling mineral water – with the option for gift hampers to include Australian red, white or sparkling wine. Wine can not be delivered to the purchasing party.
CAN I CHANGE THE MENU?
We offer a number of set menu styles for each of our hampers. Bespoke picnic menus can be created for your occasion with a POA and a minimum order of 100 hampers.
WHAT IF WE HAVE DIETARY REQUIREMENTS?
Pop Up Picnics can make special arrangements for vegetarians and gluten intolerance within our picnic hampers. Please advise us of any other dietary requirements and we will do our very best to provide you with alternative menu options.
Please note that we are not a specialised allergen caterer. We endeavor to cater to all dietary requirements however we produce our food in a centralised kitchen therefore we cannot guarantee the absence of trace elements. Please notify our sales team of any
severe food allergies.
WHERE CAN I HOLD MY POP UP PICNIC?
Pop Up Picnics can be delivered to your home, office or venue of choice, indoors or outdoors. Please see our locations guide for some recommended spots.
DO YOU OFFER EQUIPMENT HIRE WITH HAMPER DELIVERIES?
Yes, we have all the bits and pieces required for brilliant picnics. There is a minimum spend of $400 required on equipment hire with hampers, and is subject to availability. Staffing costs for set up and recollection will apply.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
Don’t despair, you can change your location with 48 hours notice in writing. Cancellation of equipment hire due to weather will be charged at 50% of the hire fee. Entertainment and catering cancellation due to weather will be charged at 100% of the booking fee. The beauty of Pop up Picnics is that they can be held indoors too.
CAN I CANCEL MY PICNIC?
Why would you do that? Once your picnic is confirmed all booking deposits will be forfeited in the event of cancellation. Within 3 weeks of your event date, up to 100% of the booking fee will be charged.
HOW DO I BOOK A PICNIC?
Please contact Pop Up Picnic at [email protected] or on 02 9319 3019 or by using our contact form
We require a 40% deposit to confirm your picnic party. The numbers are based on your minimum numbers agreed at the time of placing your booking. Final numbers and dietary requirements are confirmed 10 days prior to your occasion along with any remaining balance due. Final numbers are your maximum numbers and can not be less than those agreed in the initial booking confirmation.
Picnic hampers can be booked online, via email or over the telephone and require full upfront payment at the time of booking – no booking forms are required. Please note our office in unattended over the weekend, all orders must be confirmed, paid for & all details confirmed by 2:30pm the previous working day.
PICNIC EVENTS – FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment of your deposit constitutes full acknowledgement & confirmation of our terms and conditions as listed below
- A 40% deposit is required to confirm your event.
- Final numbers & final payments are due 10 days prior to the occasion date. All final dietary requirements must be confirmed at this time.
- Final numbers may decrease within 20% of initial booking confirmation. All picnic parties must remain above the minimum of 50 people.
- In the event of cancellation, the full deposit amount will be forfeited.
- All team engagements are inclusive of travels times to and from site. A minimum of 4 hours applies to all staff.
- An Event Supervisor is included in the cost of each event package along with a chefs (if required for cooking onsite) and additional wait staff (1 per 50 guests)
- If cancellation occurs within 21 days of the event, the full event fee will be charged.
- In the case of inclement weather, all soft furnishings and picnic rugs will be removed from site at the discretion of your event manager. Location change requests must be in writing with at least 48 hours notice.
- Pop Up Picnic reserves the right to make changes to staffing due to inclement weather, including having your chef prepare your menu in our production facility rather than onsite if weather may cause issues with food safety or ability to cook.
- Cancellation of picnic equipment hire due to weather will be charged at 50% of the hire fee.
- Third party entertainment/equipment suppliers & catering cancellations due to weather will be charged at 100% booking fee.
- Pop Up Picnic must comply with the regulations & rules of your chosen location. Certain park spaces/councils may have rules about pegs, marquees, games, cooking onsite and/or the amount and type of equipment allowed. Please ensure to consider these factors when booking your location- if you have any questions please ask your Picnic Events Executive.
- Minimum spends for our Simply Delivered (event menus with food delivery ONLY), is $1,000 Monday – Sunday. Weekend delivery charges will apply POA. If a set up is required, our team members’ time will incur a fee, which is POA.
- Equipment hire is available as an add on to your catered event and is not available for hire on its own.
- All guests will be provided with a wristband to permit alcohol service in public spaces
- No alcohol will be left onsite after an event nor can guests remove it from site
- No BYO is permitted when alcohol is provided by One Hundred Hospitality (Pop Up Picnic)
- Up to 100 guests – confirmation is required 14 days prior to occasion
- 100 or more guests – confirmation is required 28 days prior to occasion, 1 security guard is required per 150 guests
- Delivery and handling charges apply to all events with alcohol provision
- Any damage or loss of equipment will incur replacement charges.
- Pop Up Picnic is aware the challenges of food allergy sufferers. However, unable to guarantee an allergen free environment in our kitchens and the products we supply. Gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, wheat, fish, shellfish and other potential allergens may be present in the food and beverages we supply. If you have any questions please speak to a member of our team.