It’s so delicious to have an excuse for eating out of doors.
Katherine Mansfield, The Garden Party
Hello there, birthday party people! We’re so glad you’re here because it’s time to pop open the secrets of hosting a fabulous outdoor birthday bash. A sunny picnic is a lovely event for any kind of occasion but for a charming birthday, this theme has all the romance, nostalgia and class…well, of you!
Host A Picnic Party
If you’re thinking of celebrating your birthday or surprising another person with a picnic party, we’re here for you!
Pop Up Picnic have perfected gourmet BBQ menus and cold grazing tables that are perfect for your birthday soiree of 25 people or more. We present these banquets on rustic “picnic chic” timber trestle tables. We can source a location to meet your needs, work with you to achieve your dream theming, and help plan the entertainment and activities for the day.
To help you embrace the outdoors and celebrate nature, we provide biodegradable cutlery. We really have thought of everything. All there is to do is for you to spread out a rug and enjoy!
Pop Up Picnic Birthday Menus
Explore our menu of picnic feasts to suit every kind of birthday party!
The Posh Picnic
So you think you’re fancy, huh? Perfect, we agree!
Birthdays call for something a little posh and this party pack will elevate your picnic to a picnique. Enjoy an elegant feast including gravlax blinis with lemon crème fraiche and caviar, slow-roasted Wagyu beef and artisan-baked rosemary and olive loaf, all served up with polished cutlery and linen napkins. Ooh la la!
Rustic delights fresh from the grill! A crowd-pleasing banquet featuring such delights as pulled beef sliders with chipotle slaw, lamb and rosemary snags, potato salad with heirloom radish, dill and chives, Malaysian prawn skewers and chocolate brownies. Yummo!
The Sydney Picnic
The quintessential Sydney outdoor event – this spread showcases fresh, fusion-inspired seafood such as lime king prawns with saffron aioli, and with picnic classics like thyme chicken drumsticks, and the fresh delights of a fruity dessert with poached peaches served with catalan crème and summer berries. What a delight!
Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
Classic picnic finger food such as little Devonshire tea scones with jam and cream, cured salmon on rosti, tea sandwiches, and chocolate mousse with nougat and black sesame praline.
Top Notch Picnic Party
With an array of charcuterie tempters like Australian prosciutto and homemade chutney, petit vegetarian tarts, plus the winning combo of Australian brie and cheddar served with poppy seed lavosh and more!
Did you know that in Spain, paella is the classic picnic cook-up? It was a traditional summer dish dating back over a thousand years ago, cooked in Valencian orchards. Today you can treat your guests to mixed paella with chicken, chorizo, prawn, squid and green lipped mussels…not forgetting the essential, Spanish bomba rice! Served with fennel salad, breads, and other seafood delicacies, this is the perfect picnic birthday feast if you are looking for something a little extra.
The Classic BBQ
This tried and tested classic stars Wagyu beef patties and traditional BBQ sausages with all the buns and condiments you need, plus a delish garden salad dressed with red wine vinaigrette!
Fun-sized snacks, this menu has mini-hot dogs, mini-burgers and sweet treats for your little guests.
Drinks and Punch Stations
For he’s a jolly good fellow…and so say all of us!
Our delightful punch mixes are a party favourite and are beautifully photogenic, served iced in glass fountains. Add some punch to your party with our three flavours:
- Pinknic Punch – traditional ginger beer, lemonade and raspberries
- Pommy Punch – lemonade and freshly sliced summer fruits
- Punch and Judy –our lemon, lime and bitters with a twist
We also offer sodas and alcoholic beverage packages.
10 Sydney Picnic Spots for Birthday Parties
There are plenty of prized picnic spots in Australia’s cities. The winning combination is of course, a water view, plenty of shade as well as nearby, accessible facilities and plenty of Sydney parks offer exactly that.
When planning your picnic birthday party, you should be aware that many council parks and gardens are booked in advance for private group occasions (such as birthdays, engagements and weddings). It’s always best to check with the local council for their specific policy on picnic parties.
These are some starter ideas for where the perfect spot for your picnic could be, but browse our guide to Sydney picnic party locations for inspired places near you.
1. Royal Botanic Gardens
2. Barangaroo Reserve
3. Centennial Park
4. Parsley Bay
5. Bicentennial Park
6. Royal National Park
7. Manly Dam
8. Mrs Macquaries Point
9. Como Pleasure Grounds
10. Lane Cove National Park
For any advice or assistance in planning your birthday, our picnic people are more than happy to help source a unique picnic spot for your special event.
Picnic Party Theme Ideas to ‘Zhuzh’ Up Your Birthday Picnic
Pinterest and blogs are full of great ideas for birthday picnic themes, here are just a few to get your creativity flowing!
– cushions, fringed carpets, patterned throws and moroccan tea accessories. Add a jumbo balloon weighted with fabric tassels as a marker to help guests find you and to add some festive flair. Let it all hang out with the adult jumping castle or let us arrange live music for you.
Win ‘Em With Gingham
– check yourself before you wreck yourself! A picnic can never have enough of the famous red and white gingham check (or try another colour to update the classic). Bunting strung from the trees and a checked tablecloth or stripey red and white straws should do the trick.
– old-fashioned soda bottles make a cute display in a galvanized bucket of ice, or serve Pimms Punch for a truly authentic drink. We can supply games like croquet. For decor, perhaps some white parasols. Let us bring the posh linen napkins and think about a white/cream dress code or hats as a theme. Oh, what fun!
– wheelbarrow drinks station, wooden platters and tables, or go all the way with hay bales. Yeehaw! Maybe a little line-dancing for plenty of giggles, and to truly make this birthday an unforgettable festivity.
– just like in your school days, but much funnier. Have a sporting dress theme, ribbons and trophies, and why not let us set up favourite activities like egg and spoon, sack race and more!